Business Development China

The pages below provide key information for the Chinese marketplace

Economy in China
Information about Economy

Legal Entities / Ownership inChina
A foreigner can own 100% of a company. Legal entity types: cooperative joint venture (CJV), equity joint venture (EJV), wholly foreign-owned entreprise (WFOE), company limited by shares with foreign investment (CLSFI), build-operate-transfer project (BOT), holding company
A representative office is an organization that carries out market contacts and research for its headquarters, and assists in developing its business in other countries. In comparison with WFOE companies, representative offices can not issue any invoices, and therefore gain any income by itself. All expenses of a representative office have to be fully funded by the company headquarters.

Visa for China
Work visa that will have to be changed into a Resident Permit within 30 days

Tax Structures in China
Information about Tax Environment

Company Registration in China
There are 3 types of organizations that can be set up and registered by foreign investors and companies in China: WFOE (Wholly Foreign-owned Enterprise), JV (Joint Venture) and RO (Representative Office) Apart from special industries that are still protected by the government, major industries including trade, retail, manufacturing and consulting have already opened up to foreign FDI. However, requirements on registered capital, documentation and time required for approval from the government, may differ across these industries. Minimal capital requirement and mandatory items for FIEs in China WFOE Joint venture Rep. office Registered capital Rmb 100,000 Rmb 100,000 None Capital verification Required Required None Registration w/Commercial Bureau Required Required Not required Auditing Required Required Depending on Government request

Contact Information